Have your car look its best. Beautiful scenery in the background is fine, but also feel free to photograph your vehicle in front of your favorite garage, at a car show, at a car club event, off road, on a city street, at the drag strip or with some other interesting background. Please help us maintain some anonymity by not including images of identifiable people or signage. View the full collection of RockAuto Collector Series magnets here.
Tips for taking the best picture of your car:
- The vehicle should not take up the entire frame of the image. It is preferred to have plenty of background around the vehicle in order to properly fit it onto a magnet.
- Pay attention to the lighting. Artificial lighting may cast harsh shadows on the car. The periods around sunrise and sunset provide the best natural lighting. This way, you will get warm sunlight on your subject and you will avoid the overtly harsh brightness of the midday sun, which will cause problems with reflections. Avoid taking pictures of the "shady" side of the car.
- Avoid reflections from trees and other objects.
- Remove any distractions from the vehicle and clear away any litter. Just like you would remove distractions from a photograph of a person.
- Front 3/4 angle or side views usually show the car best.
- Take pictures at the highest resolution possible.
- Do not edit the image(s). License plate information, cropping, touching up, color adjustment etc. will be taken care of in production.
Submitting- Send your favorite high resolution image(s), a short story about your vehicle and what parts you have purchased from RockAuto to email@example.com.